Woodbine Entertainment Group (“we” or “our”) offers a range of racing, gaming and entertainment products, which are available across North America and worldwide through our various Internet sites. Neither this web site nor any of our other Internet sites or applications are intended for use by children.
We maintain a firm commitment to the privacy of our customers’ and our employees’ Personal Information (defined below under the heading “What is Personal Information?”). The following outlines our commitment to you:
- Purpose and Consent: At the time of collection we will explain to you the purpose of collecting your Personal Information and obtain your consent to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information.
- Limiting Collection: We limit the collection of Personal Information to what is reasonable under the circumstances and your Personal Information will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected.
- Security: Your Personal Information is kept strictly confidential and is not disclosed outside of our operations without your consent, unless required or permitted by law.
- Access: You have the right to access the Personal Information that we maintain about you and to correct any inaccuracies.
We have adopted the 10 privacy principles established by the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. These principles form a part of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA” or the “Act”) which establishes the rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information in Canada. It should be noted that certain provinces (Alberta, British Columbia and Québec) have privacy legislation that governs the collection, use, retention, protection and disclosure of personal information in those provinces. We will periodically review our principles in order to ensure that they remain relevant and current with changing technologies and laws and the evolving needs of our customers and employees.
Our 10 Principles:
- Accountability: We are responsible for maintaining and protecting Personal Information under our control. We have appointed a Chief Privacy Officer to oversee our compliance with the Act and our 10 principles.
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected, either before or at the time of collection.
- Consent: We will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your knowledge and consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Limiting Collection: We will limit the collection of your Personal Information to only those items of information that are necessary for the purposes for which the information is collected.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your Personal Information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or where it is required or permitted by law. We will retain your Personal Information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified.
- Accuracy: We will keep Personal Information that we collect accurate, complete and up-to-date to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards: We will protect your Personal Information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: Specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information will be made available to you upon request.
- Access: At your request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and give you access to your Personal Information. You have the right to verify the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information and to have it amended as appropriate.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is broadly defined as information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization. Personal Information with personal identifiers removed (removing the identity of the individual from the information) so that it can no longer be identified with a particular individual is not considered Personal Information.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information from you in person, either by telephone, by mail, by intercept survey or through the Internet. We also collect information about you when you use our WIFI services, visit our website(s), use our application(s) or wager using your HPIbet account. Such information may include device information, usage information and/or location information. We may also collect information regarding your wagering activity and rewards earned through our loyalty programs so that we may better serve you.
For the purposes of providing account wagering services to you, we collect and maintain the following:
Date of Birth
We collect this information in order to provide services to you, to develop and improve our products and service offerings, and provide you with tailored offers and information.
- Several of our products and services (e.g. telephone account and Internet wagering) are governed by federal and provincial regulations that require specific Personal Information be collected and maintained by us.
- Some of our products and services can only be delivered to you if we can collect, use and disclose your Personal Information (e.g. HPIbet Rewards program).
How We Use Your Information
Relationships With Our Customers Are Important To Us
We want to provide you with our various services on an ongoing and efficient manner to establish a long lasting relationship which will meet your changing needs.
We collect Personal Information about you to:
- Provide you with products, services or information that you request
- Assist in identifying your preferences
- Provide you with information about upcoming events, promotions and new and improved services
- Protect you and us, against error and fraud
- Comply with legal requirements
- Comply with our internal risk management and related policies
- Collect usage and user data, including screen recordings
- Conduct and promote contests, including awarding prizes, etc.
- Conduct and inform indirect, targeted or interest-based marketing activities
- Provide you with the opportunity to participate in additional product offerings (such as, without limitation, partial cash out opportunities)
Your Personal Information may also be used to provide us with business statistics. These statistics do not contain any information which identifies you personally.
In accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, you must provide your consent in order to receive information from us about our events, promotions or services by email or other electronic means. We may otherwise inform you about our events, promotions or services by mail, telephone or other means. If you wish to receive email correspondence from us, or if you do not wish to receive direct marketing by mail, telephone or other means, you may contact us using the contact information provided below.
Key to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information is consent. We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information only with your consent except where otherwise permitted or required by law. You may decline to provide us with your Personal Information. However, this choice may make it impossible for us to provide you with certain products or services. For example, we cannot set up a telephone wagering account with Internet access without the Personal Information which is required by the Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency, the agency which regulates pari-mutuel wagering, on behalf of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA).
Privacy and Access Choices
Should you wish to limit access to certain types of information, you may block cookies and/or similar technologies as permitted by your device. You may also opt out of receiving targeted advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance and/or Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you wish to withdraw your consent we will inform you of the implications. To withdraw your consent, simply contact us and tell us of the Personal Information which you no longer wish us to collect, use and/or disclose. See below for contact details.
Security and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We recognize your concerns about the security of the Personal Information which you provide to us. Our processes and procedures keep your Personal Information safe and secure. We have different safeguards in place (physical, technological and organizational). While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information or of any information that is transmitted via the Internet. In the event that your Personal Information is inadvertently disclosed, you may be subject to financial loss, identity theft, negative effects on credit records and damage to or loss of property, damages to reputation, and other potential consequences.
We may transfer your Personal Information to a third-party service provider or agent who provides services to us or on our behalf such as hosting, data management and storage services, market analysis and retention services. We may also share your personal information with our affiliated companies, social media services providers, companies that provide content, advertising or functionality, or other third parties as required or permitted by law. We may, or any such third-party service provider may, use servers for such purposes which are located outside of Canada. Your Personal Information may be processed in a location outside of Canada, and the laws of any such foreign jurisdiction may apply such that the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory bodies of any such foreign jurisdiction may be able to obtain disclosure of your Personal Information.
Third Party Websites
Your Personal Information will not be sold to any organization for any purpose.
Access and Update of Your Personal Information
You may access and verify your Personal Information. At the time of your request we will need specific information to verify your identity before we can provide you with the Personal Information we hold. In some instances, we will not be able to provide you with the Personal Information you request, for instance where that information:
- Contains references to other persons
- Has already been destroyed due to legal requirements or because the information has served its purposes
- Cannot be disclosed for legal reasons (e.g. when subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege)
If we are unable to provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will explain why and advise you as to any recourse available to you.
Updating your Personal Information We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your Personal Information. To help us keep your Personal Information up-to-date we encourage you to notify us of inaccuracies or corrections. Timely notification of a change of address, telephone number and/or email address helps us in providing you with the best possible service. You can contact us via our Web Site at www.woodbine.com or telephone our call centre at (416) 675-8886.
Please write or e-mail:
Chief Privacy Officer
Woodbine Entertainment Group
P.O. Box 156, 555 Rexdale Blvd
Toronto, Ontario M9W 5L2
For more information on the Woodbine Entertainment Group’s commitment to privacy, contact the Woodbine Entertainment Group through our website: www.woodbine.com
For copies of the CSA Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information contact the Canadian Standards Association or visit their Website at www.csa.ca/standards/privacy/Default.asp.
For copies of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) contact the Department of Justice or visit laws.justice.gc.ca/en/P-8.6
- Use of Site
The Site and the Content are protected by Canadian and/or foreign copyright and intellectual property laws, and belong to WEG or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. The copyrights in the Content are owned by WEG or other copyright owners who have authorized their use on the Site. You may download and reprint Content for non-commercial, non-public, personal use only (If you are browsing this Site as an employee or member of any business or organization, you may download and reprint Content only for educational or other non-commercial purposes within your business or organization, except as otherwise permitted by WEG).You may not manipulate or alter in any way images or other Content on the Site.
You are prohibited from using any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the Site without permission from the trademark owner, except as permitted by applicable law.
- Links to Third-Party Web Sites
- Linking to this Site
If you would like to link to the Site, you must follow contact WEG’s Website Manager. Unless specifically authorized by WEG, you may not connect “deep links” to the Site, i.e, create links to this site that bypass the home page or other parts of the Site. You may not mirror or frame the home page or any other pages of this Site on any other web site or web page.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
WEG makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with respect to the site, the service or content.WEG expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, with regard to the site, the service, the content, and any product or service furnished or to be furnished via the site. WEG does not warrant that the functions performed by the site or the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure (unless stated) or error-free, or that defects in the site or the service will be corrected. WEG does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content, or that any errors in the content will be correct (or corrected in a particular time frame). The site, the service and the content are provided on an “as is” basis and “as available” basis.
- Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WEG, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint ventures, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers to the Service from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable lawyers’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Site, the Service, or the Content, or any violation by you of this Agreement.
- User Conduct
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the Site, render the Site inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the Site or the Content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Content, or to attempt to access any Content that is not intended for you. You agree not to use the Site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
- User Supplied Information
WEG does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you via the Site. You agree that any material, information, or data you transmit to us or post to the Site (each a “Submission or collectively “Submissions”) will be considered non confidential and non proprietary. For all Submissions, (1) you guarantee to us that you have the legal right to post the Submission and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity, and (2) you give WEG the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, distribute, display and create derivative works from the Submission, in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or in part, without any restriction or responsibilities to you.
- Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
WEG or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, marketing strategies, new or improved products, technologies, services, processes, materials, or new product names. We have found this policy necessary in order to avoid misunderstandings should WEG’s business activities bear coincidental similarities with one or more of the thousands of unsolicited ideas offered to us.
However, WEG does welcome feedback regarding many areas of our websites that will help satisfy customer’s needs, and feedback can be provided through the many listed contact areas on the Site. Any feedback you provide shall be deemed a Submission under the terms in the User Supplied Information section above. To submit site feedback please click the following link.
- Password Security
If you register to become a registered user on woodbineentertainment.com (and our family of websites), you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your member identification and password information, and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your member identification and password.
- General Provisions
- Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies. The Content may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. WEG therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the Content at any time without prior notice. WEG does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to The Department of Justice (Canada)Copyright Act ( R.S., 1985, c. C-42 ), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Service Provider’s Designated Agent.
© Copyright Woodbine Entertainment Group. All rights reserved.
Woodbine Entertainment Group supplies our downloadable documents exclusively in PDF (portable document format). Your computer will require Adobe Reader in order to open, save and print these documents. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the manufacturer’s website. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.